fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Monday, March 24, 2008

NICHOLAS GHESQUIERE ISN'T THINKING OF YOU WHEN HE DESIGNS

ghesquiere, creative director for balenciaga. (tucloset.files.wordpress.)

worldwide - and by you, i mean any woman with minimum or maximum curves. check out this quote he gave to purple magazine, below. the women who inspire him are more like boys. but to each his own. i live an die for ghesquiere. i spotted this on fashionista.com. (don't know how to pronounce his name? check out my designer pronunciation key on the right.)
sixties french fashion icon, francoise hardy, is one of the women that floats ghesquiere's boat. (featuringdave.com)

"I am dealing with women. Their sensuality moves me. But the girls around me are rarely sex symbols in the carnal or voluptuous sense. I prefer Johanna Preiss or Charlotte Gainsbourg to Scarlett Johansson. I prefer Francoise Hardy to Marilyn Monroe."

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin