fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006
Thursday, March 20, 2008
usa - the tragedy i am referring to deals with the death of a four year old boy who swallowed a pendant from a reebok charm bracelet. that death in 2006 prompted the recall of 300,000 of these bracelets which were made in china. despite the rapid recall the us consumer product safety commission has levied a fine against them. reebok has to pay a record amount of $1 million u.s dollars, the largest fine ever given for something of this kind.