fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Thursday, June 18, 2009

BRAZIL PICS: A SPECIAL NOTE FROM YOUR EDITOR

sao paulo, brazil - my beautiful blaynistas! I'm typing this on my trust g1 phone from seat d1,section a at the alexandre herchovitch show (one of my fave designers by the way!). i feel so friggin blessed and fortunate to be doing what I want to do, where I want to do it, when I want to do it and how I ought to do it. Perhaps its the sagittarius in me, but all the above are so vital to me. So what's it like? Breathtaking really. I've am blessed to say with honesty that I have travelled the world, but Brazil is one place I never thought I would be. It always sounded like an exotic fairy tale to me - but how does that song go: fairy tales can come true, they can happen to you. Well its happening. Brazil reminds me a lot of Milan. At least Sao Paulo does. The hotel I'm in (see pics) is called L'Hotel. Its a cute, small place with amazing buffet breakfast. So far I've been to Iguatimi, which I take to be their major mall and am now at Bienal, where the majority of shows take place. Its all extremely well organized and on a much larger scale than I could have ever imagined. They have a phenomenal press lounge which I have been taking full advantage of and it is really just as vibrant and packed and overwhelming as nyc fashion week. Okay, show starting soon. Stay tuned for more posts. Your girl in the trenches, Zandile Blay.

p.s photos are of me in my room, my room, the view and all the awesome lil goodies they had in there waiting!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin