fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RACHEL ROY'S BUSINESS SIDE OF THINGS
 
The designer gives a stylish spin to the business attire for the working women with love for fashion.
 
Rachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-WearRachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
 
New York - Okay confession, I haven't really paid much attention to Rachel Roy's previous lines. I'm not sure why that is, nonetheless, I'm excited to review one of her collections. As it's my first time viewing a full Rachel Roy collection I have to say I'm quite impressed. Roy's show was for the businesswoman who is in tune with the runway style trends, and the designer showed it well in her Spring 2010 collection by blending style risk and sensuality with business. Her line included pansuits in white and grey, cocktail dresses, wide-legged trousers, silky blouses, a strapless LBD, a wrap dress with a plunging neckline and a black mesh over a white sheath. While the designer stayed mostly in grey, white and black colors, bold shades of fuchsia, blue and yellow showed up in her collection and at times combining those three shades together or using one vibrant shade from head to toes. One of the pieces that stood out for me was the grey drapped skirt that gave a peek of the legs in the middle and the long-sleeve blouse paired with it. (Pictured top right.) Although not in bold colors, Roy's smart take on the usual "knee-high skirt with a blouse business attire" is what got me. She gave the look a more stylish feel with the skirt's draping but the grey color added subtlety, which kept it from veering too far from the business edge. I think it's perfect for those who are too hesitant to do bold colors but still want to make a style statement in the workroom. With that said Ms. Roy definitely has my full attention now.
 
Rachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-WearRachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear 
Rachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-WearRachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear 
Rachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-WearRachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear 
Rachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-WearRachel Roy Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear
 
 
Kristina Bustos
 
[Story & Images via Style]
 
 

1 comment:

Kelkev said...

I absolutely love that line. Unfortunately I don't have an office to go to everyday. Wow!Great looks.

http://indiegoespop.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin