fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Saturday, November 07, 2009

WASN'T THIS MEANT TO HAPPEN AGES AGO: TAYLOR FIRED FROM (OR QUITS?) RACHAEL ZOE SHOW

Taylor Jacobson finally gets the boot (?) - a thigh high Christian Louboutin one ofcourse!

Los Angeles - So Blaynistas, don't judge me! But I've only ever seen one episode of the Rachel Zoe Project, the reality show starring mega-stylist Rachel Zoe and her mega-assistants Taylor and Brad ( a total hottie). As someone who has assisted stylists on set, in general, and at a magazine as a fashion assistant I was totally blown away by how...umm...spicy...Taylor was with Zoe. Her snarkiness and irritability might have been funny to some, but I found it unprofessional and wondered how she was still with Zoe. Well, wonder no more - she's gone! As reported by People Magazine and Fashionista yesterday, Jacobson is no longer with Rachel Zoe, Inc.

“Today is an end of an era and a beginning of a new professional chapter. Looking forward to what the future brings…!!!” 


The above was written on Jacobson's Twitter account. She also sent an email to her contacts confirming that  
"After four amazing years at Rachel Zoe Corporation, I’m saddened and exhilarated at the same time to announce my departure. After much thought and consideration, I have decided to take the challenging leap to go off and style on my own.”

I respect her staying for that long, and actually - despite that spicy attitude - totally foresee her being MAYJAH as a stylist. The reality show has given her notoriety, cache and a platform to show off her skill. She'll be fine, but will Rachel be?   (image + story via peoplemag.com)


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin