fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: THE SHOWS WE'D WATCH TODAY

new york - my dear regular reader, you know the deal: i am in london far away from the jazz and pizazz of "the city." hence my inability cover new york fashion week first hand. but if i was there, please believe these are the shows i would be going to today.....


(shopinblog.com)

to me, there's something off in the choices badgley mischka makes in their spokeswomen. can't figure out if it is the ad concept or the celebs themselves. (mkashley.com)


TIBI I've never been to a Tibi show. As a newbie to fashion week, I think I was always interested in the glitzier shows and brands I knew off hand. As I am growing and understanding fashion beyond gimmicks, it would be great to see a brand that's established itself beyond slick marketing... BADGLEY MISCHKA Love this design duo and love their recent hustle to enlist celebrity endoresement. It's a smart way to draw attention to the amazing work they do. I just don't know if the folks they've picked (Olsen Twins and Teri Hatcher) do more harm than help.... MONIQUE LHUILLIER Blaynista's do we really need a reason? Monique is doing it big, and has been for a while. She's giving Vera Wang a run for her money in the bridal category. (Though on my bid day it will def be Ms. Wang all the way.)... DIESEL I'm just over them. For no goood reason, I'll admit. Never the less, I'd love to see what their collection holds.... MATTHEW WILLIAMSON Matthew Williamson....He is one of those designers whose name is familiar but whose clothes aren't. I'd love to change that by getting an indepth look at the garments he produces.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin