fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Monday, October 19, 2009

MANOLO BLAHNIK UNVEILS HIS S/S 2010 COLLECTION
 
The shoe designer gives us more beautiful shoes to drool over while dishing out on what he hates.
 
 
New York - Manolo Blahnik was in Soho on Sunday (Oct. 18) to unveil his collection for spring/summer 2010. The shoes look very fun and beautiful, which are worth the drool you're wiping off your chin right now. But if you are a "pointless" celebrity, you might want to check out other shoe designers because Mr. Blahnik hates you. It's simple as that. The shoe designer revealed to Vogue.com, "I hate celebrities. All those pointless girls - I won't name names, but you know who I mean. They are 'famous'. Ridiculous. I like women with style: actresses like Uma Thurman, icons like Audrey Hepburn. I like women with style to wear my shoes." His dislike for celebrities and pop culture is nothing new. In an interview with The Sunday Telegraph last month he slammed Sex and the City, the show that made him a household name and he also credited to saving his empire. "If people talk to me about Sex And The City, I get sick," he said. "The taxi drivers recognize me now. It becomes too much and I don't feel comfortable. I have never wanted to be a celebrity designer." Mr. Blahnik doesn't hold back and I like it. I just wish he was more appreciative of the fame he gained from Sex and the City. The highly-popular HBO show did save his empire. [Story via VogueUK/Images via ONTD; Also via Popcrunch]
 
Kristina Bustos 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin