fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Saturday, November 07, 2009

YUP , IT'S THAT SERIOUS: H&M ISSUING WRISTBANDS FOR LAUNCH OF JIMMY CHOO FOR H&M


London's H&M comes up with a system to organize the chaos which will be their Jimmy Choo for HM debut. (Methinks it still won't work!)

London - Frankly, I remain unmoved by Jimmy Choo or Jimmy Choo for H&M. The shoes and entire aesthetic of the line gives me 80s party girl chic, not the futuristic glamazon sex goddess I love (hence my obsession with sky high platform wedge boots). But clearly, I am in a class of my own because the masses are going mental for the upcoming Jimmy Choo for H&M collection. The line debuts in London on the 13th and already stores have devised a wristband system: the first 160 folks who s how up at door will be given a wristban and taken to a VIP area where they will be able to buy whatever they want. They will be taken upstairs in groups of 20 at a time and allowed to buy only one item each. As militant as it sounds, it will avoid whats been happening in collaborations past: shoppers storming off with racks of goods at a time (then turning around and selling it on ebay.) Gotta love it! (image = metro)

1 comment:

Camille Acey said...

I am SO with you on this. Who cares? Jimmy Choo is beyond tired. YAWN.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin