fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

HUSSEIN CHALAYAN ON CELEBRITY DESIGNERS





london - ouch hussein! usually, this revered british designer moves
people with his catwalk creations, but this time he chose a quote. in this past sunday's edition of the independent, this is what he had to say about celebrity designers:
"Why does KATE MOSS have to design a collection? It's kind of insulting to us because it's like saying - and I don't mean this personally - 'I can sell more clothes off my name, off my brand, than you can, even though you're a better designer'. If I was a celebrity, I would honestly try to inspire people in another way."
(left: the designer at an awards gala. viewimages.com)
(right:art driven pieces by chalayan. citizen.citizen.com)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin